Job Title : Senior Software Developer
Softway Gaming is a small game development company consist of 6-10 passionate team members with the dream to make the next big thing , I joined Softway Gaming as a Senior Software Developer and worked mainly on 2 project Wheels of Babylon (Fighting Racing Game) and Babylon Adventures (Platformer Exploration Game) my responsibilities can be summarized below ,
- Translate requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code.
- Construct the base or the engine on which the game will run.
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features.
- Develop schedules and determine milestones.
- Generate game scripts and storyboards.
- Animate characters and objects.
- Contribute to the design and audio features of the game.
- Create unit tests and validation procedures to assure quality.
- Detect identification and resolution and document technical specifications.
- “Polish” the game, maintain code, fix bugs and iron out occurring problems
- Successfully implemented new development plans , and improved the resource allocation for the team.
- Improved Games efficiency by developing complex networking schema focused on performance.
- Developed web services for securing data transfer and providing an authentication service using HTTP and RESTful.
- Planned and implement complex game mechanics to improve the game play experience .
- Guide the Graphic Design Team to design and build outstanding game Levels using professional 3d modeling tools 3dsmax , Zbrush , Substance Painter.
- Improve the Gameplay by collaborating on sketch ideas and reflect the requirements on an actual working C# code while improving the execution workflow for a more enjoyable experience .
- Played an active role outlining the requirement for cross platform integration across multiple devices with a great attention to performance security, and scalability using Unity3d Game Engine.
- Implementing analytics using Google Analytics.
- Working in an Agile development environment I was able to significantly speed up the production time.
- Improve the team workflow by developing proper Asset Packaging and dynamic resource loading.